Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SPRING FLING

© Gloria Smith 2010

Sing me into Spring
Dream me into the day
And dance me into the night
I'll sway in your arms
Lay my head against your chest
To listen to the heartbeat of Spring
Kiss me with your tulips
Bring me flowers
In bouquets of fragrant sighs
While bird songs fill my soul
And soft breezes caress my hair
Gentle finger tips find their way
I do not resist their playfulness
I'll bring you sunshine in the morning
And moonshine in the night
Cotton candy kisses love
And afternoon delight
You'll whisper in my ear
Sugar baby honey child
My little Angel sweetie
My little Angel wild
Spellbound in your embrace
I drink in your eyes, your skin, your face
Hold me ever in your heart
Sweet treasure of my soul
I have no self control
You smile at me across the miles
In pictures oh so still
I cannot hold you
Cannot feel the warmth
Of your breath against my ear
I wander through your eyes
Searching to find myself hidden there
My heart sighs
In dreams of you
I run barefoot in the grass
Wet dew washes my toes
My head is on your shoulder
The scent of Lilacs in my hair
Your heart already knows
But does it dare my love?
Does it yearn enough to learn
How to love an Angel in despair?

No comments: