Thursday, April 01, 2010

Various Musings... (to be cont.)

© Gloria Smith 2010


Perhaps Sadness will use the shimmering wings of the morning kissed with dew and promise to sail away, and the dark Heart of the Night will rush headlong into the blinding light of the Day, to kiss it full and hard upon the mouth and embrace life's brilliance once more...

I'm as young as a springtime flower blossoming in the heart of my love; as young as a song on my lover's lips, and I thrill to to see the light of tenderness shining in his eyes... Oh... these things never get old, and love -- that is where youth abides. Find love and you'll never be old. Love knows no age and true love never dies...


Love fulfill yourself by filling me. Let me hurry along like a bubbling brook to sing your sweet song in the night. Let my heart take wing in the dawn's hazy light to praise you; to welcome another day of loving...


Run Lucy dear... Outrun the wind and shame the lightning! The beat of your heart is the only sound you hear... let us not blink lest we miss the little girl running free -- as a spirit in the night; as the sigh of a Lover's heart... Be blessed sweet Lucy Lu...


I kiss the morning with a smile upon my lips. The lips where your kiss fell in that moment of eternity that rested in your eyes. What is eternity then? It is now. It rests in the second that just sped away; in this moment of time. Elusive memories of the sweet taste of love; the aroma of passion... the moments swiftly flying away from you as I leave; flying to you until I see you again. Hold me. Give me time to love you. Give me eternity sweet love mine

In my garden many lovely flowers grow. I counted them all. Last fall many leaves fell brittle and dry; too many to count and I did not care to do so... I count my life by all the smiles and not the tears that stream down soft round cheeks one... by one... by one...


I parted with a dream yesterday. I decided to finally tell it good-bye. It broke my heart and yet it was necessary. I dreamt alone really. It suddenly occurred to me that this then was the true heartbreak, and not as I had originally supposed, the fact that I could not have my dream; could not dream it into reality but that I dreamed it alone. Aloneness was the worst part of it all and so I let it go. I cried. Yes, I cried and I died a little inside. I suppose that some part of me will always feel the desire, though I would drive it far from me and never think on it again if I only could. I cannot blind myself; cannot go deaf, and cannot stop feeling with my hands or my heart. That would be death, would it not? So, I died a little yesterday and will die a little each day without my dream, without... Look into my eyes. Do you see the pain that shall never leave them or do I hide it well beneath the glimmers of pretense, the shine of disguise; the light of life that shines though the candle's wick is burning low...


Some of us know of passion more than others; some of us thrive and delight of it like a bee to a blossom sweet; nectar for the soul to eat, and some are content with chore and care, but give me the blue sky with my spirit free, and to love -- only to love thee...


Life is "heavy" is it not? However, we lighten it with our love of it... and I have found that whether returned or no... that love is always worth it. It is the loving that is the gift of life, and whether bittersweet from loss, or returned in another's eyes, we are blessed to have had its presence in our lives...


Aw love... what am I to do with you? What will you do to me by the time you're through? Do your worst for it is true... I'm in love with love and I'm in love with you. Smiles..


Oh Love... go ahead break my heart into a million pieces! Even then I will love you with each piece of my broken Heart a million times over...


Life... sands on a beach that only God can count; a hand full of misery and joy held tightly in my fist; sand running frantically through my fingers...


Good Night my Friends. I wish not to take my leave, but dreams are calling me to their sweet repose, and fatigue claims this frail frame once again... should God give grace I will awake once more, and grant you smiles and sweet hellos and knock upon your Friendly doors..


To miss someone you love is a grand and awesome pain; but to miss someone who loves you not is a pain on a whole other plain; a dagger in the heart; yet torture when apart... oh wicked love...


Evening's here... oh my... the day surely, cannot be at an end
With so much left to do today and no way to fit it in
A strange playful mood descends on me and will not go away
The day kisses me good-bye on my cheek still warm with blushing
Jealous evening rushes in to kiss me once again... Goodbye, Hello
Life is always a game of come and go, here and gone and moving on...

No comments: