Monday, September 27, 2010

SUNLIT HEART

© Gloria Smith 2010

I stumbled into the day
Into the bright sunlit world
The key to my heart
Was locked up tight
Against the blinding light
Of your love
Somehow it shone through
And poured into
The bitter blue
Broken pieces of my heart
Reminding me
That it was torn apart
The morning sky
Turned a weary gray 
As I thought about
You and I
How I cried
How you lied
And just when I think
That these memories
Can no more damage do
That these tears are through
They race once more
Down crimson cheeks
And speak louder
Than any words of grief



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my university paper, thanks for your brilliant points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura

Unknown said...

Oh I appreciate your comment so much! You are very kind to write to me.

Thank-YOU!