Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February

A breeze and a scent, so familiar
yet strange and foreign. Chilled to the bone
I keep walking, far and near, meaning
everything and nothing. My heart is frozen
but nothing is forever.

Snow is justice falling on my face
too close for me to see. Love is thawing,
testing its chains, taking its pulse
and signing petitions. It reaches out
as we reach in.

Shadows mean more than just shade
Hearts - sweet organs that say
just how much you care. Someone else
writes the words you always wanted
to say.

I pray for the sun to change.
Hold me closer, chase winter away
Don't judge me, the cold is cruel
and spring seems so distant. Stay
until the March of Spring;
I promise better days.

By tuesdaypillow used with the permission of the poet.
All rights reserved

No comments: